The counts are in for the 2021 Painting Campaign.
While I did not proclaim a figure count goal for 2021, I expected a total of near 900 figures would be a reasonable objective. With an expectation for a steady diet of remote games (right!) and no new projects on the horizon (wrong!), I set my sights on a slightly lower total than the previous years.
What I did not expect was an explosion of remote gaming and two new projects. Of the two new projects begun in 2021, the War of the Roses project wrapped up by year-end and the Sumerian project is making good progress. As seen from the following charts, both War of The Roses and Sumerians made up a big chunk of 2021 output.
On to the numbers.
The totals for 2021 were 1,103 painted figures amassing 4,297 Painting Points. Much better than expected and certainly a nice sum. Now, if I could only restrict new projects and new purchases so that I can make dent in The Lead Pile.
When looking at painting production by era, Figure 1 confirms that WotR and Sumerian projects did, indeed, represent most of my painting output. There were some Hittites in the Biblical grouping as well. ACW was up there in figure count too but at 10mm, the figures do not count much in either time spent or painting points.
- Finish enough Sumerians to field two armies.
- Build a SYW French army in 18mm to complement my Prussian and Austrian armies.
- Expand the Biblical armies with additions to Hittites, Egyptians, and Babylonians.
- Expand the Samurai armies to include foot and mounted Samurai bowmen.
- Given the figure size mix from 2021, try to paint more 15/18mm figures than 25/28mm figures.