Monday, May 29, 2017

Moorish Archers for Reconquista

Following up on a recent mustering of a stand of Muslim archers for the Reconquista project (see Moorish Archers), another stand of troops departs the painting desk.
These nine figures make up an Impetvs 'T' stand that can see service either independently or attached to a heavy infantry or "FP' unit.  Figures are 28mm by Black Tree Design.
With six such bow stands in the project's arsenal, enough archers can now be fielded to support six heavy infantry stands.  Six stands should be enough to fulfill any needs for Moorish archers.  With two archers left in The Lead Pile, perhaps the remaining two stragglers will work themselves into an amalgamated unit at some point?
What might be next in the painting queue for this project?  One stand of Spanish crossbowmen are nearing completion with a unit of heavy cavalry deep in the painting queue.  Enough figures to field two units of Spanish heavy foot from Casting Room Miniatures' Norman range are catching my eye too.  Wonderful sculpts that are begging for attention.

36 comments:

  1. very nice. The repeat red pattern on the two robes, is that brushwork or is that dabbed on with a sort of stamp?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Norm! The patterns on the robe are made with an ink pen using a three dabs to create an impressionistic floral pattern.

      Delete
  2. Great work, BTD have some excellent figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated, Steve! I am a BIG fan of BTD figures.

      Delete
  3. Your wonderful job on the white and on the bases is excellent, details are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing this Impetus post has just reminded me that I've got the Basic rules somewhere. I might have a root around for them today as I quite like wargames that use one-base stands. I find it so much easier to command armies of single bases representing regiments. Far easier to play strategically I find when they're all based that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roy, I am firmly in the camp of single stand BMUs for the reasons you give.

      Delete
  5. Great work Jonathan. I love the work on those robes...much more detail than I would attempt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those will do nicely! You are using Tajima tufts if I remember?

    In the fuzzy logic of my painting queue, the crossbows would be next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your memory is good! Tajima tufts and crossbowmen are next off the painting desk for THIS project.

      Delete
    2. Excellent.

      In other news, your entry into LAF has been cleared... I saw the post at Steve's blog.

      Delete
    3. That is good! Perhaps I will receive a confirmation email?

      Delete
  7. Great looking unit, Jon. Needs table time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated, Peter! Yes, the collection is due for a tabletop outing. Hopefully this summer?

      Delete
  8. That's some really fantastic work Jonathan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work as always, Jonathan. I see you're still with Impetvs too. BTW, I know you've had trouble posting comments on my blog - I'm experiencing the same. The page refreshed about three times to get this one on :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dean! Good to get a visit from you! Yes, still clinging to Impetvs. Glad you made it through to get a post in!

      Delete
  10. Excellent as always Jon, perhaps I should try to haul some of my Spaniards up to have a go in June?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jake!

      Putting these out on the table in June sounds good.

      Delete
    2. Great! I think they will transport better than my Landsknecht pike.

      Delete
  11. Lovely looking figures, painted to your consistently high standard.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your steady painting output is most impressive--as are the results. It's good motivation for we off and on types would like to be more consistent!

    ReplyDelete