Wednesday, October 2, 2024

French Raugrave Hussars

While prepping figures before temperatures plummet, I managed to muster out a dozen French hussars for the 18mm SYW/WAS project.  The French may not have had many hussar regiments under arms during the WAS but a handful of regiments was maintained.  One of those light cavalry regiments was the Raugrave Hussars with their sky-blue uniform, white mirliton, trimmed orange.  Figures are Eureka Miniatures.
With Tuesday's planned game scrubbed from the schedule due to last minute player cancelations, more figures were pushed through the cleaning and priming stage.  This sudden hole in the schedule also allowed for a longer (and warmer) bicycle ride.  This pre-winter ritual of priming enough figures to carry me throughout the dark days of winter requires some thought on what I want to focus on painting when priming outside is not possible.  This fall activity is no different this year.  From the figures under preparation thus far, the winter painting backlog looks to have an emphasis on two 15/18mm projects: SYW/WAS and FPW.  I see some Biblicals working into the queue as well.  Who knows if I will still see motivation to paint these when Old Man Winter arrives.  Better throw a few more choices into the prepping queue just in case.  
Having Tuesday's game plan aborted, another game was quickly added to this week's schedule.  Friday will see me take command of the Federal Army at Shiloh as I fight back a cunning and Wily Webel. 

Wish me luck!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful looking unit Jonathan!
    Warm regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the light blue and white. These will really pop on the gaming table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work as usual Jonathan. I like the standing pose as it makes a nice change from the usual charging poses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind. I like the standing pose too. Eureka cavalry in charging pose have a very large hoof print.

      Delete
  4. Lovely work their as always Jon and love the light blue uniforms with orange accent. I need to try and get some priming in soon too, but generally I can do it anytime of year here as long as it's not raining. Good luck with the game this Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurrah and huzzah for the handsome hussars. Very striking kit those lads are wearing. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete