Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Two-Fer Tuesday: Hittites

Today, a double-shot of Hittites musters out from the painting desk.  Of late a string of Biblical units has been marching across the painting desk with first Nubians, then Egyptians, and now Hittites.  When will it all end?  Soon, I think.  There are two units of Sea Peoples in work along with a stand of Assyrian heavy infantry.  I may interrupt the current Biblical procession with something non-Biblical to break up the monotony.   

First up today is a Hittite chariot and hangers-on.  The cab and crew are from Wargames Foundry while the runners are Newline Designs.  By my count, this makes Hittite chariot #10 to pass across the painting desk and report for service.  There may still be a few left in The Lead Pile.  Perhaps even a few more than that since my last two Newline orders may have included some. 
Next up, is a fourteen-figure stand of Hittite heavy infantry.  Figures for this batch are Wargames Foundry.  I know for a fact that these are the last of this figure in The Lead Pile.
Again, by my count, there are now four such units in the Hittite Army.  Seems I have painted more than four of these stands.  I wonder if this is a situation where my Painting Log counts do not tie to the figures in box?  I must pull the figures from their storage boxes and make a head count.  Perhaps, I forgot to add a unit into the Painting Log?  I will find out soon enough.    
With all of the Hittites piling up, one day, I will actually get this collection out on the table for maneuvers.  With twilight not far off on the Rivoli battlefield, a battle of Biblical proportions (or at least Biblical setting) may be a good way to clear the table of the French Revolution and turn the clock back about 3,500 years in time. 

58 comments:

  1. nice units and yes it would be good to see them fighting it out sometime !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Matt! Yes, it would be very good to see some of these armies in battle. Maybe soon?

      Delete
  2. Blimey, I didn't think you had any more chariots to paint! As always though they look superb, ditto the heavy infantry:). I forgot about the Rivoli battle and look forward to the AAR, as and when time allows you to write it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve, you never know what may turn up. When it does, you should not be surprised!

      Yes, Rivoli is still raging on the table. The contest has seen interesting turns of events on almost every turn. When both sides think they are either winning (or losing) at the same time, it is very entertaining.

      Delete
  3. I do like chariots and I think in 28’s I would only be able to field a few ..... your force is going to be magnificent, looking forward to a battle or a parade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like chariot armies too, Norm. The hittites had a parade in December so it may be a little early for another parade. A battle would be most welcome.

      Delete
  4. Great looking Hittites Jonathan, makes me want to paint more units of this period...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A couple of excellent looking units, and the chariots always look impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice looking light chariot. Does the warrior have a bow as well? I can't tell from the photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Graham! Only the lance/spear is visible on with this warrior. Perhaps the bow and quiver were tossed overboard as the chariot closed with the enemy or was ejected when rough ground was encountered?

      Delete
  7. Great looking figures and bases.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work as always, Jonathan. Reminds me that I have several Celtic chariots sitting in a bin needing work on too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very kind. I doubt you needed my chariot as a reminder of yours!

      Delete
  9. Always like your Hittites.

    Though I do feel you have a serious "chariot" addiction sir. Have you thought about seeking help with this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Addiction? I can quit anytime I want. Really.

      Delete
  10. Lovely work Jonathan, and I was thinking you must be getting close to a dozen Hittite chariots by now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. More great additions Jon, you certainly have a significant number of chariots in this collection. Maybe you can host a virtual TtS game for Matt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Keith! I would certainly like to return Matt's remote gaming generosity. In my gameroom, wi-fi is spotty and the table is cluttered with Rivoli and other assorted debris. I plan to pursue this option after Rivoli is put away.

      Delete
  12. Lovely units as usual Joanathan! You must have a very deep storage vault for all your amazing output.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mike! Stacks of boxes line the walls of the game room and are tucked away under the table.

      Delete
  13. Splendid looking Hittites! I find it strange not to know exactly what you have in the lead pile, maybe it's just me!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated, Iain! Strange that 'I' don't know what is my Lead Pile or strange that 'YOU' don't know?

      Delete
  14. Infiltrators! Probably spies or perhaps a 5th Column?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I could share depth of The Lead Pile but once I go in, I may never be seen again.

      Delete
  15. I like your caution for authentic bases as it is obvious especially on your chariot base.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job! They look very nice. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh Jonathan, they are beautiful! And your bases really bring them to life!

    Regards,
    Vol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Vol! Great to hear from again. It has been awhile.

      Delete
    2. Sorry about that. I haven't done much on the workbench lately. Weather is too nice, I have been working outside. I ordered an Ender 5 Pro yesterday though. Don't know what came over me. I'm too old to learn new tech.
      Spent the evening watching youtube videos on assembly, operating, and essential modifications. I am definitely over my head, haha

      Delete
    3. I had to search to see what a Ender 5 Pro was. A 3D printer! What are your plans with this contraption?

      Delete
  18. Ships! And more Ships, Haha
    And an occasional piece of terrain here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Handsome Hittites, Jon. I hope to do Qadesh myself later this year.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Excellent unit bases! I like the combined infantry/chariots!

    ReplyDelete