|Battleground looking from the south towards Raab|
Although John's forces were of questionable quality, John had deployed in good defensive ground protected by a marshy and often steeply banked stream. Eugene might have a tough time successfully attacking such a position.
|Planned axis of French attacks|
- Game begins with the 10:00AM game turn and ends at 8:00PM.
- Austrians begin with “Defend” orders for all Corps except for the Reserve which is under “Reserve” orders.
- French Corps commanders begin with orders accepted. Divisional orders must be sent.
- Pancza Brook. The upper Pancza is protected by steep embankments and soft ground. The Pancza is fordable by infantry at all places. Artillery may only cross at the bridge. Before French cavalry may cross, a fording path must be found. For each unit attempting to cross, roll 2D6. On a roll of 6 or less, that French cavalry unit may cross. Cavalry may not assault across the ford. Formed units take 1M on entry.
- Pancza Marsh. Impassable to all. If forced to retreat/rout into the marsh, a unit is destroyed.
- All woods are considered open.
- The woods and hills modifiers are not cumulative. If both terrain types are present, the unit moving into or through pays the penalty of the worst terrain feature.
- Villages. Only one unit may occupy. Class B – Solid Cover.
- Kis-Megyer Farm. Only one unit may occupy each section. Class A – Heavy cover. Ranged fire is ineffective against the upper section.
- French Reinforcements:
- Pully arrives on western board edge at 1:00pm with maneuver orders and will move towards HQ.
- Lecchi arrives on western board edge at 2:00pm with maneuver orders and will move towards HQ.
- Pacthod arrives on western board edge at 2:30pm with maneuver orders and will move towards HQ.
- Austrian Reinforcements: None.
|Battleground looking towards the south from Raab|
Victory is calculated as a function of both casualties incurred and terrain objectives taken. At the conclusion of the game, victory points are awarded for the following:
- For each leader killed or wounded the opposing player receives 30 points.
- For each BMU destroyed, the opposing player receives 10 points.
- Controlling each village/church/Szabadhegy Heights (Fr/Au): 50/100 points.
- Kis-Megyer Farm (Fr/Au): 50/100 points for controlling each section.
Victory Margin (for player with Larger Point Total) = Larger Point Total - Smaller Point Total.
- Victory Margin <= 100 points. Victory Level = Draw.
- 100 < Victory Margin <= 250 points. Victory Level = Tactical.
- Victory Margin > 250 points. Victory Level = Strategic
Raab Order of Battle