Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2026

Biblical Camel Archers

The purpose of this post is twofold.  One to show the latest figures loping out from the painting desk, and two, to see if what I discovered about a working solution to the blogroll delay (or absence altogether) is reproducible.
First up, the latest units off the painting desk are two, three camel groups of mounted archers.  These early, tandem dromedary troopers are additions that I have been eyeing for a long time.  Finally, the first two stands are ready for action.  These fellas will see service in some of the Biblical armies.  
Figures are 28mm Newline Designs.  Nice looking sculpts and something different and fun to paint.  I like 'em!  There are another six of these camelry in The Lead Pile.   
Second, this post is a test to see if the forced, work-around publishing to the blogroll seen in my 14th Anniversary post can be reproduced in a controlled and repeatable fashion.  If it can, then I will write up what I discovered and my solution.  If the forced effort fails, well, then you will not see this post unless you come looking. 

20 comments:

  1. Haha - I was about to say the same, Jon - 7 mins is a record fast time for the last 2-3 months!
    The new camelry looks great - and definitely looking forward to seeing how you achieved the near instantaneous update of your post - please do write it on the basis that some of your readers no next to nothing about IT - lots of images with arrows pointing the way may help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Publishing to the blogroll was less than one minute if you look at my timestamps! Glad you like my little camels…

      Delete
  2. Success! Nice camels, too!
    We,'ve alll been 'getting the hump' with Blogger recently, looks like you may be able to help smooth things out 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good one, David! You have been hanging out with VWC and picking up their propensity to pun. Glad you like the camelry.

      Delete
  3. Nicely figured out Jonathan. I tried a few AI assisted suggestions but after half an hour of wasted time gave up. The camels look great. What colours did you use for the camel hair? It looks spot on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Camel hair is dark brown dry brushed over Bambi Brown.

      Delete
  4. Very nice looking camels and riders, they look great, I have looked at these before on the Newline site, wondering what to use them for but they look so nice it would be worth getting them anyway! You may well have solved the great Blogger problem too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated, Donnie! I think these are terrific looking figures. Well, the alternative publishing mechanism has worked twice so far.

      Delete
  5. odd to say, but I think camels are one if the greatest joys of 28mm - lovely. If you search YouTube for a poster called Dicey Tactics, he recently bought 3D camels and a market stall and they look lovely, a nice vignette would be possible for your collection.

    And well done on the other, you have succeeded where the mighty Google has failed! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it's worked - listed as 5 hours before I saw it and opened it - but no other blogs have showed up with anything new today.
    I like the camels. One of my small DBA armies in 15mm has these, and some skirmishing foot archers. Their commander [Zeeb the Midianite whose defeat is recorded in the Old Testament] is distinguished by riding a white camel.
    Thanks for your hobby news,
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work on those camels and, like elephants, they just scream 'Ancients' to me:)! Well a nice surprise to find this in my Reading List this morning, so looking forward to how you may have found a solution to this annoying problem...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice dromedaries Jonathan! I do find the Newline humans a bit wooden however....
    Your post appeared shortly after your delayed one finally made its appearance; what's your secret? ☺☺
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the first new post I've had in my feed for four days (apart from your other one yesterday} , so whatever you did worked. Nice camels too, I do like Newline stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The camel archers look terrific—Newline really do make some great sculpts for Biblical armies.

    Tremendous news that your blogroll workaround is working consistently, too. You'll have the entire wargaming blogosphere beating a path to your door for the secret once you post the write-up!

    All the best, Andy

    ReplyDelete
  11. The archers look amazing. Plus, the post arrived promptly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes it worked! I noticed that your 14 years post appeared in my blog roll at some point yesterday.
    Camels are spiffing. One lump or two?
    Chris/Nundanket

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely figures and whatever you did seems to have worked

    ReplyDelete