Thursday, April 5, 2018

Four Russian Guns for Suvorov

 Four Russian guns for Suvorov.  Two foot batteries and two horse batteries.  
The foot batteries are composed of Eureka Saxon Napoleonics pressed into service as Russian gunners.  To me, they work well.  Besides fitting the need for early Russian gunners, these Eureka Saxon gunners are splendid sculpts.  Great looking figures with crisp detailing.  I have used Eureka Saxons as Russian gunners, Piedmontese infantry, and French cavalry.  A very versatile group!
The horse gunners and all four guns are from AB Miniatures.  Fine sculpts as expected AB with easy, pre-painting clean-up.  Comparing the two groups of gunners in this display, I prefer the Eureka gunners over AB.  I know, heresy in many places.

30 comments:

  1. Great work, and those Saxons look eminently suitable to my eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lawrence, those Eureka Saxons are terrific sculpts. Some of my favorites.

      Delete
  2. Few good looking artillery units there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One must use care in interpreting your comment, Peter.

      Delete
  3. Great looking artillery and crews!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice looking artillery, Jonathan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely looking toys.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fine looking artillery Jonathan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What better gift could a Russian General receive than these four fine guns?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I too prefer the Eureka gunners. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Scott. The Eureka Saxons are a good lot. Versatile too!

      Delete
  9. Lovely looking artillery Jonathan and almost missed them!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent work. I never realized the Russian artillery switched from Red to Green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Well, at least "my" Russian artillery switched from red to green! I guess I better check on that...

      Delete