Monday, September 21, 2015

GMT Games...Great Customer Service!

Yes, GMT Games provides great customer service.  On top of that efficient back office, the good folks at GMT take quality control to heart. 

When The Great Battles of Alexander Deluxe was printed, the die cut counters were not robust.  To compensate for the manufacturing lapse, GMT reprinted the counters and provided replacement counters for FREE.  Absolutely FREE including the shipping.
New countersheets
My copy of the game was not purchased from GMT but via a sale on eBay.  Would this offer apply to my purchase too?  I sent an email to GMT asking about the replacement counters.  The response was that my name would be placed on the list and I would be receiving the new counters.  No questions asked (well, besides my mailing address)!  A few weeks later a package containing the new counters arrived.  Beauties aren't they?

Kudos to GMT Games!

11 comments:

  1. oh come on Jon, :o) you called our WA State Governor asking to use stand over tactics at GMT in order to receive your free The Great Battles of Alexander Deluxe counters! ... I mean really now.. :o))
    (just kidding)

    anyway....

    are you going to punch out the counters or print them out for your games and save the original counter sheets?

    cheers,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phil, you are hilarious!

      Of course, the counters will be punched when I am ready for a game. Well, unless I plan to stick to play via VASSAL or Cyberboard.

      Delete
  2. From Dean whose posted comment I accidentally deleted...

    Dean says, "Wow, that is great service. Nice looking replacement counters.."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The counters are very nice. GMT makes some of the best looking counters in the industry.

      Delete
  3. GMT set the standard in customer service all right! I have the first edition of this game and will be interested to hear what you think of it.

    Happy gaming!

    Cheers,
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GMT sets the standard in production , content, and customer service!

      Delete
  4. Yes, they are great. I bought my copy from Amazon, and they have promised to replace mine as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am confident it will arrive. Did you have to contact them or were you already on the replacement list?

      Delete
    2. I contacted them. They have always made things right in the past.

      Delete
  5. That is indeed top notch service from a fine company!

    ReplyDelete